INTERCERT is committed to impartiality in management system certification activities. INTERCERT’s Impartiality Policy is a publicly available statement stating that it understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its management system certification activities manages conflict of interest and ensures the objectivity of its management system certification activities.
INTERCERT comply with the requirements of ISO 17021:2015 and ensure impartiality for all its personals related to the certification activities & within all of its certification activities from time to time.
INTERCERT has established processes to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat, monitor, and document risks related to conflict of interests arising from provision of certification including any conflicts arising from its relationships on an ongoing basis. In case of threats to impartiality Intercert documents and demonstrates elimination or minimization of such threats and documents residual risk, if any this residual risk is then reviewed to determine if it is within the level of acceptable risk. The demonstration covers all potential threats that are identified, whether they arise from within the INTERCERT or from activities of other persons, bodies or organisations. Whenever a relationship poses an unacceptable threat to impartiality then certification will not be provided.
To ensure above INTERCERT has established a committee of interested parties including clients, representative of industry associations, NGO’s including customer organisations.
To demonstrate effective Implementation of Impartiality policy of INTERCERT:
- INTERCERT does not certify another certification body for its Quality Management System.
- INTERCERT and any part of INTERCERT as legal entity and entities under INTERCERT’s organizational control do not provide Management System Consultancy services.
- INTERCERT and any part of INTERCERT as legal entity and entities under INTERCERT’s organizational control do not conduct internal audits of its certified clients nor offer Internal audit services.
- INTERCERT does not outsource audits to a management system consultancy organization
- INTERCERT’S activities are not marketed or offered as linked with the activities of an organization that provides management system consultancy. INTERCERT takes action to correct inappropriate links or statements by any consultancy organization stating or implying that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive if the INTERCERT were used.
- INTERCERT does not state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive if a specified consultancy organization were used.
- In order to ensure that there is no conflict of interests, personnel who have provided management system consultancy, including those acting in a managerial capacity, are not to be used by INTERCERT to take part in an audit or other certification activities if they have been involved in management system consultancy towards the client within last two years.
- INTERCERT takes action to respond to any threats to its impartiality arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or organizations.
- INTERCERT and its personnel, either internal or external, or committees, who could influence the certification activities, act impartially and are not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality.
- INTERCERT requires personnel, internal and external, to reveal any situation known to them that can present them or INTERCERT with a conflict of interests. INTERCERT records and uses this information as input to identifying threats to impartiality raised by the activities of such personnel or by the organizations that employ them, and does not use such personnel, internal or external, unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest.